8.02.2010

how does your garden grow

I love summer time. I love the vegetables and fruits that come from my mother's garden. I love the smell of a tomato plant, the chaotic flowering of cucumber vines, but most of all I love eating what we grow. There is really nothing as sweet as cultivating your own food and then savoring each delicious bite. Here is how our garden grows:
















Whenever I take Juno out for a run in the backyard, I can't help but pluck off some cherry tomatoes, wipe them on my shirt, and pop them in my mouth. So good! And those flowers are so intensely colored, they add so much life to our yard. I'm really enjoying this summer. :)

6 comments:

  1. thats nice, my dad has a garden too. i dont go out there much and when i do i dont see anything. later the same day he brought in a cucumber... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! My husband has created a garden area in our backyard recently, ready to for planting next spring! For now, I'm visiting with the in-laws and mooching off of their garden :). The cucumbers have been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos. i especially love the varying colors of the tomatoes.

    we're having a heck of a time keeping our lawn alive this year, never mind all these fancy things. :) maybe one day i will shed my plant murdering ways. (hmmm more like 'plant involuntary maslaughtering ways.' i don't WANT to kill them...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! i love the tomato shots :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having such a great blog! I love your arts and crafts and now your garden photos! I love your blog so congratulations! You have been awarded with the "I Love Your Blog" award...and thank you for being so creative!! You can check it out on my blog:
    www.Sweetie-Scraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the pics, you really captured your image really well. I think that your a really talented photography. We have to make plans this fall to shoot together. Hope you are well and talk to you soon. lulu

    ReplyDelete